Thursday 19 April 2012

Massive Cherry Cupcake

You will need:
A big cupcake baking pan
A cake mix
Cream Cheese
Icing Sugar
Coco powder (optional)
Cherry
100's and 1000's
Piping Bag

Introduction
Have you got a massive party coming up and love cupcakes but can't decide between a cake or loads of small cupcakes. Well hope no more as this is the ultimate recipe for a hug cupcake.

For the big cupcake, I started with the Wilton Jumbo cupcake pan. It’s one pan that makes a separate base and top. There’s a recipe on the cake pan box but I used 2 boxes of Funfetti cake mix, the birthday girl’s favorite. The base of the cupcake takes 4 cups of batter. I then filled the top of the cupcake pan and had enough batter remaining for 9 regular sized cupcakes.
Do you know how to make a regular white cake a Funfetti cake? Add a handful of colored jimmie sprinkles. Something I might do in the future when I have assorted jimmies on hand but the Funfetti boxed mix worked just fine.
Bake to baking, I found the top of the jumbo cupcake baked quicker than the bottom part so I laid a small plate on top of the bottom part to keep it in the pan and flipped the cupcake top out and baked the cupcake base awhile longer. When I first poured the batter into the pan, I was tempted to insert a metal rod into the cupcake base from a dome cake pan I had to make sure the center of the cake was baked to perfection but I wanted to see how well it baked on it’s own since this was the first time I had used the pan. It turned out fine with a little more baking time although it started to brown a little more around the outside edges.
If you want you can add a yummy sauce in between them two, such as Jam or nutella.
Make a pink sauce out of cream cheese and icing sugar, if you want it sweeter you can add coco powder. Then using a piping bag go around topping base.
Then buy one fresh red cherry and '100's and 1000's'. Voula!!


No comments:

Post a Comment